Public Health England Profiles
These public health profiles are a rich source of indicators across a range of health and wellbeing themes that have been designed to support Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and commissioning. Developed using the Public Health England fingertips tool, some profiles cover a wide range of health and related indicators (e.g. the Public Health Outcomes Framework), while others focus on certain themes (e.g. child and maternal health).
The Corporate GIS Team maintains the geographic information and mapping in a number of important Council computer systems. They also produce a wide range of maps to support spatial planning and analysis.
A number of frequently requested maps are available for download:
- Postcode sector boundaries
- Seven Area and Priority Neighbourhood boundaries
- Ward boundaries
- Parish boundaries
- Parliamentary constituency boundaries
Analysis Methods and Tools
- APHO Technical Briefing 2 – Statistical process control methods in public health intelligence
- APHO Technical Briefing 3 – Commonly used public health statistics and their confidence intervals
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Evidence Briefings
- These evidence briefings highlight research findings and their relevance in key policy areas.