Skip to content
- Public Health Profiles (fingertips) (OHID)
- Fingertips profiles are a rich source of indicators across a range of health and wellbeing themes. They are designed to support Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) and commissioning to improve health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities. With these profiles you can: browse indicators at different geographical levels; benchmark against the regional or England average; export data to use locally. These profiles have been developed by the Office for Health Improvement & Disparities.
- A picture of health: Health intelligence pack for health improvement (OHID)
- This resource provides headline intelligence about the population health in the North East and Yorkshire. The interactive tool present indicators on health and wellbeing priorities, described in the context of COVID-19 and its wider impacts, and health inequalities.
- Director of Public Health Annual Reports for Wakefield
- Directors of Public Health in England have a statutory duty to write an Annual Public Health Report. This is to demonstrate the state of health within their communities. It is a major opportunity for advocacy on behalf of the health of the population. Because of this, it can be extremely powerful, both in talking to the community and to support fellow professionals in public health
- Local Inequalities Explorer Tool 2023
- A resource to support decision making by demonstrating some local, within-area inequalities. It allows users to explore and demonstrate inequalities within areas at a ward level using indicators from Local Health, an existing OHID Geographical Information System (GIS) tool. The tool also includes information on trends in life expectancy and disease burden at an area level.
- NHS Dental Statistics for England
- This dashboard provides information about NHS dental activity and patients seen in England. Hospital dental services or services provided privately are not included. Breakdown by age is available for children and adults.
- Wider Impacts of COVID-19 on Health (WICH) monitoring tool (OHID)
- This tool presents weekly and monthly data on a range of indicators including those on the wider determinants, hospital activity, mortality and life expectancy. Many of the indicators are available by region and data can be viewed by inequalities, such as ethnicity, age and sex.
- COVID-19 Health Inequalities Monitoring for England (CHIME) (OHID)
- The CHIME tool brings together data relating to the impacts of COVID-19, for factors such as mortality rates, hospital admissions, confirmed cases, vaccinations and life expectancy.
- Segment Tool (causes of death) (OHID)
- The Segment Tool provides information on the causes of death and age groups that are driving inequalities in life expectancy at local area level. Targeting the causes of death and age groups which contribute most to the life expectancy gap should have the biggest impact on reducing inequalities.
- CVD Prevention Packs Data Supplement
- This dashboard is structured into three sections: lifestyle risk factors; physiological risk factors; and health outcomes. Risk factor data tends to be based on administrative boundaries, outcomes data on health boundaries.
- Excess Mortality in England
- Excess mortality in this report is defined as the number of deaths from 21//3/2020 above the number expected had the pandemic not occurred, based on mortality rates in earlier years. Excess deaths are presented by age, sex, deprivation group, ethnic group, region, upper tier local authority, cause of death and place of death.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Public Mental Health Dashboard (OHID)
- The Public Mental Health Dashboard has been developed for use by local authority Public Health teams to prepare mental health needs assessments. The tool complements the mental health and wellbeing Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) toolkit.
- Mental health services dashboard
- This visualisation shows data categorised as: people in contact with mental health services; people in contact with mental health services by age band; open ward stays in mental health services; open referrals in mental health services.
- Mental Health Act dashboard
- This visualisation shows the number of people known to be subject to the Mental Health Act at the end of each reporting period (MHS08), as well as the number of people subject to: detention; a Community Treatment Order or conditional discharge; a short term detention order.
- Referrals and care contacts for children and young people aged 0 to 18 dashboard
- This visualisation is for children and young people aged 0 to 18 in mental health services. It shows the number of referrals starting in a reporting period, by referral source; attended contacts by consultation medium; missed contacts by ‘did not attend’ reason.
- Psychological therapies: Monthly report on the use of IAPT services
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) is an NHS programme implemented in England that offers NICE-approved therapies for treating people with depression or anxiety. This interactive report presents activity in the IAPT programme down to sub-ICB level (Wakefield District).
Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs
End of Life
- ICS Data Pack: Palliative and end of life care
- This data pack provides some basic data and signposting to more detailed information on palliative and end of life care.
Wider Determinants of Health
- Air Quality Indicator Tool for England (restricted access)
- This tool brings together indicators related to air pollution concentrations, exposure and potential impact on population health at regional, local authority and lower super output area place levels. The tool provides air quality related health indicators for creating a health profile as part of collating evidence for local decision making.
- Citizen’s Advice Cost of Living Data Dashboard
- This report is updated monthly and shares insights from across the Citizens Advice service on how the crisis is affecting the people they help.
- Fuel Poverty, Cold Homes and Health Inequalities in the UK (Institute of Health Equity 2022)
- This report reviews the evidence on both the direct and indirect impacts of fuel poverty and cold homes on health; the inequalities in who this effects the most, and the relation between health inequalities and climate change.
- Green Space Index 2023
- This interactive resource provides insight into the availability and access of green spaces on a geographical basis, using an index approach to assess areas against a common standard
- Housing and Health: North East and Yorkshire Regions
- This interactive resource focuses on housing as a wider determinant of health and provides headline intelligence for the North East and Yorkshire and the Humber regions. As well as presenting key data related to housing and health from a wide range of sources, the tool also highlights key pieces of evidence and reflects on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and health inequalities.
- Employment and Health: Yorkshire and the Humber Region
- This report looks at the wider picture of employment and health in Yorkshire and Humber. It begins by considering the local area context, followed by risk and protective factors which impact on health; key health conditions as a potential cause and consequence of employment; and, employment related indicators.
- Poverty Support Services Mapping and Stakeholder Engagement Report. Magpie 2023.
- Service mapping and insight work to better understand existing provision of poverty support services, potential gaps in unmet need, and stakeholder insights regarding local strengths, challenges, and opportunities.
- Small and Medium Enterprises Work and Health Report
- This Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) work and health report has been produced by LKIS North East and Yorkshire. The report presents publicly available data at national and regional level and SME size, around wages and sickness absence. It explores the cost of staff turnover, raises awareness of presenteeism, provides links to a range of resources and highlights gaps in data.
- Health intelligence pack for migrant health: North East and Yorkshire
- Intelligence pack produced by Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID) presenting data on migrant populations for the purpose of providing support for regional and local stakeholders focussed on strategies for improving migrant health.